Thursday, October 22, 2009

BAR...BA...RA...

I wish I had a picture to go along with this post. My Dad's cousin who I visited in re hab and took to a football game to see Massey has the absolute cutest niece that I have had the pleasure of getting to know over the past few months.

We will call her the "Enunciator."

She lives In Tennessee and comes to visit Frances regularly. She has an older sister who lives in Texas and can't come visit quite as often but is just as wonderful a person as Barbara is and they remind me so much of my sister and me that it isn't even funny.

Elizabeth is the older sister who is a very stately and dignified lady very quiet and serious while still charming and warm.

Barbara is more like Phylis Diller with glasses and without the cigarette holder and Mu Mu.

My sister and me are just the same with our our differences.

I call Cindy "Hard Hearted Hannah" whereas I am a bleeding heart always looking for the silver lining and hoping it is close enough to touch. Cindy is more realistic and keeps me as grounded as she can.

Barbara was a teacher for years and I can tell she was a terrific one.

She is an absolute hoot and I can't imagine anyone not loving her to pieces.

She came to visit Frances the day she was released from her stint in re hab and Zach and I were at Frances' house when Barbara arrived.

She blew in like a tornado and immediately took over the room (usually MY job.)

She commanded Zach to "Look" at her when speaking, and Zach has been under her spell ever since.

She came into the house and immediately began firing questions at Frances. She asked how the release had gone at the re hab and told Frances that she looked really cute. Frances responded that she didn't feel cute.

Barbara clasped her hands together, put them on her knees , perched forward and said "Tell me why you don't feel cute."

Frances was at a loss for that one or either she had so many reasons she just couldn't nail one down .

Barbara is so ME and her sister Elizabeth is so CINDY. Poor Frances is getting the double whammy from our family, she may be placing secret calls to re hab to see if she can get back in!

My brother in law has been at Frances' house putting on a new roof and has gotten to meet and know Barbara over the past couple of days...he too is under her spell.

She is so vibrant that a halo seems to hover over her head and her spirits are always so high that you WANT to be her friend or ask her what she is smoking. (Totally kidding, but you get my drift.)

A nicer woman I have never met.

A more upbeat and inspiring woman I have never encountered.

A better friend I have never gained.

Kudos and love go out to this woman that has been related to me for 48 years before I had the chance to meet and immediately love this new found niece of my Dad's cousin .

As my family has dwindled...it has also grown.

She is a joy and a bright spot wherever she shows up...no wonder it finally quit raining when she came to visit.

To impress my 17 year old son is impressive in itself. To be able to make people love you the way this woman can is incredible...once again I feel really lucky.

Maybe I can get her to talk to my bill collectors.

Til next time...COTTON

1 comment:

harvecin said...

You're right, Kell, we have truly been enriched by Frances, and now by Barbara and Elizabeth. Now we see why she spoke so dearly of them. Barbara IS a charmer!