Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Visit From Reese


The precious little girl that Massey has watched since she was 9 months old for a dear friend of mine is now three and has come to visit from Texas. She is staying with us tonight while her mom goes out to eat and to a concert with her beau. She is absolutely the most beautiful little lady I have ever encountered and it is always a delight to have her in my home.




Massey had guard practice at the high school so my husband and I took Reese up to watch the practice. She was chatting away in the car about wanting to see the flags being twirled by the girls, but when we reached the school and she heard the drums and saw the tubas...it was the band that blew her away. She was totally mesmerized. The minute they began to play she was holding her little skirt out and twirling around dancing like crazy to the music. The minute they stopped...she stopped and sat down. The minute they started back up she was on her feet again doing her little improvised dance and kicking up her heels (in this case, sandals.)




My husband and I laughed so hard it hurt.




If I had only thought to bring my cam corder! I had my cell phone though and snapped a picture of her in action. I have GOT to start taking my cam corder with me so I can capture life's great moments when they happen.




This child has the most beautiful face, heart and demeanor of any small human I have ever met and it has been a joy just seeing her again and seeing how quickly she is growing up.




On a more somber note...




I just got off the phone with my friend from work who's brother was killed in Afghanistan last week . His body will be flown into a small airport in Peachtree City tomorrow morning. I am going to take both my teens with me and check them into school afterward. This man gave his life for all of us and I feel like my kids need to be there as much as I need to . My friend told me that there was going to be a fly over not only at the funeral but at the cemetery as well. When she told me that I had chill bumps. She said a General was coming to the service and I am so glad that this true hero is being honored in such a fitting way.




It has been a crazy week. It has been an eye opening week. It has been a week that will never be forgotten.




Til next time...COTTON

No comments: