Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Secret Meeting in the Woods

Last night my sister went to the football game with me to (supposedly) help with the funnel cake stand...if only she hadn't JUST done her toenails AND worn flip flops!

On the way home she wanted to stop at the store to pick up a bottle of wine. We stopped at a convenience store but they didn't sell wine so we were headed to Publix when we passed a gas station. We decided to check and see if they maybe sold wine and my sister jumped out of my car to go in and check. As she was headed to the door with another woman walking in front of her I rolled down my window and jokingly shouted "See if they have MD 20 20." She came back to get her purse saying that they did sell wine and that the woman who had walked in before her was a cashier there and when my sister went to look for her wine, the woman said "It's up here hon."

When we both went back in (may as well pick up some beer for myself) we were wondering why she thought the wine would be behind the counter. When we got in line we leaned over to peek behind the register and THERE IT WAS... MD 20 20 on a shelf behind the counter. I asked the woman why it was behind the counter and she said because of shoplifting. I guess if you drink wine out of a flask size bottle you might be the type to want it for free.

We laughed about it the whole way to her house and I dropped her off and headed home.

I got home and sat down to upload videos and type on my blog. My sister called me and asked if I had heard anything when I left her house. She lives out in the country on six acres and was home alone because her husband was on a trip (he's a flight attendant.) I told her no and she said it was the weirdest thing but she could hear what sounded like hundreds of men chanting and sometimes hooping and hollering somewhere in the woods behind her property. I told her it was probably a party but she said it was like they were chanting and she heard no female voices, only male voices. I told her to call me back and went on blogging. By this time it was almost midnight and she called back to say they were still going strong with the chanting .

I told her to call the Sheriff's department and have them send someone out to hear it and see what they thought. After all, I live 25 miles below Atlanta and she is 15 more miles out from me and we ARE in the south...it may well be the stinkin' Klan having a meeting in the confines of the country cover...YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.

By this time it is after one in the morning and her husband had just gotten home from the airport and heard the noise for himself. My sister called back again to say that two Sheriff's cars had stopped in front of her house and her husband was out talking to them. They said they had found the road they thought the crowd was on but they couldn't get down it in their squad cars. My brother in law said he would take them down it in his Bronco and they all jumped in and took off. One of the officers was a younger white guy and the other an older black guy. When they went as far as they could, the officers said they would walk the rest of the way. My brother in law commented that they had more balls than him and the older black officer said not really, but he had a gun ... with guns drawn they approached the hidden field.

It was a Georgia Tech fraternity hazing party...tents set up everywhere, eight empty kegs of beer and guys with their hands tied behind their backs! HELLO...the cops are here!

They had rented the land from a farmer and had obviously drank so much that they forgot to keep it down after one in the morning. The cops were nice and even though hazing is illegal, told them to keep it down and with the tents set up everywhere they weren't driving anywhere... they left them to their foolishness.

What a bizarre story with such a bizarre ending ! Only down here in the sticks would THAT happen...but it did and it was just too good of a story to pass on writing about.

I bet they were Kappa Sigs!

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: