Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Bad When WORK is the EASY Part...


Went to work today for a day shift. We knew it would be slow so we only had six servers on. Two of them got cut before they ever got a table. That left four...we liked the fourth girl a lot so we let her have one table before she got cut as well.
The manager cut all the cooks but one and sent the Mexicans home too.
Left with nothing but Gringos...we all started to have to work really hard as the crowd trickled in and trickled and trickled and built to a crescendo we weren't prepared for.
At least three of us made money and the others got to go home and enjoy Labor Day.
Before I left for work, in honor of Labor Day...I laid down the law for working around OUR house.
I told my husband that if our oldest thought he was moving back home to sleep until 3 every day and only get up to eat my food and watch our cable in the comfort of his old room (currently my own personal den) he had another thought coming his way...and coming quickly.
I told my husband to wake him up by noon and tell him to pick a chore:
Bathe the three dogs.
Trim the bushes in the front yard with the electric trimmer.
Find a new place to live.
He chose option two..I am thinking that "Electric" trimmer sounded pretty easy to him and didn't seem to require much exertion on his part.
My younger son called me while I was at work to see where the drop cord was and I told him...he said his brother had already cut through that one with the electric trimmer and they needed another one.
I told them where the spare was and was informed my husband had sawed through that one last time I made HIM go out and trim the bushes.
Who do I live with? The "Three Stooges" "Larry, Darrell and Darrell." ??
It got too busy at work to worry much about them...at least I had them working, and cutting through every drop cord I had. My son was left with a hack saw and dull hedge clippers to work with, but he's a young strappin' buck! It wouldn't kill him.
I stayed at work for an extra hour to help the servers coming on to get caught up and headed home to admire my newly trimmed bushes (and still dirty dogs.)
My oldest son was gone. I asked my younger son where he was and he told me that he and Dad had gotten into an argument about the fact that I didn't want him moving a bed back into the house (for a third time) and wanted him to sleep on the sofa I had bought and moved into my new sanctuary... the only place that I can call my own, watch TV , iron my work clothes and fold laundry in without keeping everyone else in the house up at night.
Well...at least my bushes were trimmed!
He had missed a spot that bothered me so I got Zach to pull the ladder out of the garage and finish the job for me when I got home (He was VERY excited about THAT.)
My husband went out to check the mail and my younger son leaning on a ladder and trying to make it "Mom OKAY" shot off some comment to him about it should be HIM doing it anyway and somehow threw MY name into the conversation.
I was inside helping my daughter with a school project when my husband stormed into the kitchen saying "I don't like that comment you made about me to Zach ONE BIT."
HELLO!!! What comment?
Listen folks, I ain't THAT stupid.
I let it go with my husband and went out side to confront Zach. He said he didn't know what he really said (right!) but he thinks it may have been something about Dad should be trimming the bushes.
THANKS, ZACH!
Now everyone in the house is ticked off at someone or somebody...WELCOME HOME, MAMA!
It settled down after a while. I was ticked so I left Chef BOYARDEE to cook their dinner and sat down to type my blog.
Zach pulled it back together when he sat down to do missing school work from when he had the "Swine Flu" and apologized for sicking his father on me for no reason ( that was WORSE than the Swine Flu.)
Zach helped me fix the printer on the computer so I could help Massey finish her project and told me that TJ was acting like a "Douche Bag" when he stormed out. TJ had commented that he didn't need to be treated "THIS" way and my husband had calmly said "Then find somewhere else to live."
I think all this brain power with Zach happened when we moved into our house when it was built.
We moved in on April first and I enrolled Zach in the state funded pre-k program. He had never been in a nursery or anything other than home care. He was freaked out to be with 100 other kids , and not knowing that there were only four weeks left in the school year... on his first day they threw him into a cap and gown...handed him a diploma and took this picture I have posted.
"TA DUM!!! YOU are a graduate, my friend!"
Dang, if I had known it was picture day I would have kept him out one more day.
No wonder he thinks life should be served on a platter...he just showed up at school and they handed him a diploma AND a cap and gown.
Could THIS be the underlying issue or am I just destined to have to SHOVE both my boys down the path of life until they are far enough away from the house to find their way back without an invitation or a road map?
Lesson learned..."Don't give them a cap and gown before they EARN it."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just got caught up on your blogs.
I guess I am the "stupid one" now.
I would keep looking and keep looking
and every time all the blogs were listed
and the last one was My boy is "pick".
Well, this morning I clicked on SEPTEMBER
and there were all your blogs since.
I felt like a real doofus. But this blogging
thing is new to me. I can not tell you
how much I laugh and how much I enjoy
these. The blacked out glasses was a
hoot and I can relate to that!!! :>)
Now that the August titles are gone,
I will now keep up with you!!!
P.S. Stick to your guns about the bed.....
you deserve some sameness in your
little den you created! Of course I sit
here not surrounded by kids! Love to
you.