Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Drama, At Least it is at Home




My computer was acting up last night and I lost Internet access while trying to upload a video. I have become quite the "I.T." and tried to solve the problem. I rebooted, restored, recovered and de fragmented. Reset the modem and the wi fi...still no go.




I noticed a program my 17 year old son had installed and thought "Bingo"...went to add and remove programs and uninstalled it. To his credit (as he will say) even that didn't help. I gave up and went to bed.




Got up this morning for work and my husband was on the Internet submitting applications. I asked if the computer was working and he said it was fine.




DANG..maybe I am in the wrong profession!




Went to work (I hate my job now, hopefully the hate will be short lived) and came home after taking my daughter some food to the school since she had practice til 8:00.




My son came in from school and sat at the computer to play a game and asked where the "Steam" icon had gone. I sheepishly told him that maybe I had deleted it last night while working my magic on the computer.




Hell hath no fury like a 17 year old boy without his "Steam." Not only did I delete it but uninstalled it from my computer.




Having raised three kids, I find that it is usually always THEIR fault when something goes wrong , gets broken or goes missing.




OOPS!! My "Bad."


He was LIVID!! It was a tool that he HAD to have to play the $50 game he had earned for clearing my front island in the yard (where he gained the $150.00 case of poison ivy.)


I quickly said that I could fix it (didn't have a clue as to how) and sat down to try. He started in on me about deleting things that were his and I finally reminded him that it was in fact MY computer that I had paid for and he was simply a visitor that was lucky enough to have free access to "MY DOMAIN."


Back and forth it went until I frantically found a way to re install the program and begrudgingly made him as happy as a 17 year old kid gets.


It's not MY fault his download wasn't the problem..it's HIS fault for being wrong so often that I jumped to the wrong conclusion !!


All is good now.


Massey just got home from practice, finally got her wind suit and they even spelled her name right on the monogram!! I took this picture of Zach when he came downstairs to finally say he was sorry for exploding and found his Alfalfa strand so cute I snapped a quick pic. I even took one of Massey in her wind suit just to even things out.

Ya know, even with my kids wearing me out...at least they love me for who I am and appreciate me when I do things right. They dog me when I screw up but at least they can't get me fired.
Til next time...hoping my writing career takes off soon....COTTON






No comments: