Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bulldog Determination...Lacking on the Field Today, But Living Large at Our House

We have a Bull dog that is as stupid as he is beautiful. After the "Dawgs" started losing their game on TV and as my husband cried into his beer, my bulldog began winning his own personal game.

I had just finished cutting the huge back yard we have and a tree that was growing at the back of the yard is always a pain to cut under because it scratches me to death as I pass by it on my John "Dear."

He fought the valiant fight, he sat and waited for someone to pull the branch down close enough for him to get his teeth around and pulled with all his might until it snapped back up again and then continued to jump after it

Charlie began to FIXATE on this limb hanging down and started hurling his less than buoyant body up to catch a piece of the limb. He would stand or sit as long as it took for someone to go pull the limb down so he could continue his assault on the deadly branch that was obviously driving him crazy (not a far drive.)

I am serious when I say that this lasted WELL over an hour. The kids would take turns going to the back of the yard while Charlie sat beneath the tree just WAITING for someone to pull the branch within the reach of his vise like jaws.

Needless to say, the worrisome branch that got in my way as I cut the back yard is gone...along with a couple of Charlie's pounds. He sat in the back of the yard for over two hours playing with the limb while my two boxers sat by saying in "Dogspeak"..."What a doofus."

I'll have to hand it to Charlie, he didn't give up til the limb was chewed to a nub and hung seven feet above his fat little head.

From his squashed up face to his pink balls poking out the rear, I love the little dog. I am just a dog lover to begin with, but these three dogs know who loves and takes care of them (ME) and shower me with praise, slobber and panting every time I walk into the house.

Wherever I fall asleep in the house (I stay up til after two most nights) or wherever I go ...they are all three behind me just saying in their dogspeak "Whadda ya want us to do now, mom?"

All they have to do is love me and never ask for money...if they learn to speak and ask for things , I am screwed.

No comments: