Tuesday, August 18, 2009

There's No Place like Home, There's No Place Like Home...

Zachary and I went to visit Frances today...and didn't even have to use a code to get in to see her!

This was my first visit to her "real" home. It is just as tidy, compact and cute as Frances is herself!

Zach went right in and sprawled out on her couch.

It is hard to believe that this amazing woman (APPROACHING) eighty has had triple bypass surgery, another surgery to replace her pacemaker and an open wound in her thigh from a botched catheter, not to mention she has a lens implant and is almost deaf...but has bounced back like a teen.

Her niece came down today from Tennessee to spend a couple of days with her and we were there when she arrived. It was like meeting myself in a few years (if I am lucky.)

She bounces into the house and takes over the floor, room and house. Her sister, Elizabeth who is also very close to Frances...is more like MY sister. Isn't it crazy that Frances has two sets of sisters that are so different yet so alike, all loving her at the same time?

If we don't kill her with our"UP, Down, Quiet, Loud, Bursting, Thinking" differences it will be a true testament that God is for looking out for her, while we all run over her with our different approaches and personalities!

It has been such fun getting to know this whole new part of my family tree.

Who would ever think that I would be grateful for a triple bypass, pacemaker surgery, goof up by a doctor and rehab to make me realize how blessed I am with a whole new family and new friends for life?

Life.

Ya gotta make the best of it and when you do, it usually works out to your advantage.
Frances and Barbara are coming to eat with me at the restaurant tomorrow and I can't wait for everyone to meet her...they have certainly HEARD enough about her and now get to see why I have come to love her soooo much!

Just wait til THAT blog!

No comments: