Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Just Do It

Went to work today and everyone wanted to know about our co worker who is in the Sheperd Center.

If you want to know...she is not in Florida anymore. She is forty minutes away from you in downtown Atlanta, sitting in a wheelchair waiting for a familiar face to walk in.

My father's cousin (in her seventies) who I went to see yesterday as well in a neighboring hospital...is more in control of her faculties than our 21 year old co worker.

Had this have happened to any other employee...she would be the first person to walk in the hospital room with a bunch of balloons and a smile on her face.

Instead she is forty minutes away from almost 100 people that work with her...and hundreds and hundreds of miles away from her home in Michigan.

I know that several co workers are planning to go see her...but "DO IT NOW."

At the most it will take two hours out of your day.

She needs to have recent friends and co workers jog her memory. It took me about fifteen minutes to get through to her...but I DID.

I have a son two years older than her and he is a nightmare to us sometimes with his stories, reasons and explanations...but he can run a mile in no time, can swim like a fish and seems like he could be a Rhodes Scholar (not happening, but he COULD).

This 21 year old girl is sitting waiting for another therapy session. She is battling to make herself whole again...and people can't even be bothered to drive into the city to see her.

I think my guilt is working at work!

I hope it does. With an outpouring of familiar faces and conversations that can maybe help her remember some of the recent past, she may be helped . If she isn't...YOU will be.

DO THE RIGHT THING .

I hope with my ranting that my co workers will go see this young girl who was ready to take the world by the tail three weeks ago... I found her yesterday sitting in a wheelchair waiting on one of US to come by.

No comments: