Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The One Hundred Eighty Degree Turn

Just after I go and make a post about customers at work, I go in a have one of the best shifts I have had in quite a while.

No tip was under 20% and every customer I had was a sheer joy to wait on and converse with.

That is what is so bizarre about dealing with the public. Every single day can be different. Their mood reflects how they perceive their dining experience. Their mood or mind set determines how they tip . It is my job to drag out the best in the worst customers, to make them enjoy spending that hard earned dollar and make them want to come back to eat with us time and time again.

I was training a young girl tonight. Nineteen years old and full of life. She is cute as a button and seemed to hang on my every word. (Smart girl)

Some people that I train, I can tell from the start whether they will make it or not. I think this girl will make a good server. This job is great for college kids...short hours and a paycheck every time you walk out the door. It ended up that I worked with her mother when I worked at the elementary school and knowing that she comes from a good family is always a positive.

It's nights like this that make the other nights bearable and thank the Lord it all seems to average out to my advantage.

The husband is still pounding the keyboard and pavement for a job. I have total faith in him and know that something good will happen soon.

Hoping I have another fantastic night at work tomorrow...just let the odds go in my favor ONE more shift and all my current bills will be paid!

Even the grumpy ole man that comes in every day to sit and have his two Manhattans who sometimes eats and sometimes doesn't usually ALWAYS leaves me one dollar no matter what the tab is...he left me $3.74 tonight!! I must be doing something right!

Til next time....COTTON

No comments: