Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Kids Just Don't Know How Funny I Am

I just got home from work. A bit depressed this morning when I woke up .

Husband still hasn't found a job and it just seems to all be crashing in. What's worse is making sure your kids are happy and oblivious (which they are.)

I felt better after I went to work. I got a 100% shop from a 'secret shopper' sent by corporate. Hey, one more and I get a $100.00 Visa gift card!

Came home after making $114.00 in less than three hours and knew that somehow things would be alright.

My middle son (the scholar) has decided to try and go into lawn care with his cousin ... just try cold calls or taping their number on mailboxes of houses that look like they could use a cut. They are really low balling just to get off the ground and with this ATL summer, they may be on to something.

I had to get my "fabulously close to FOURTEEN" year old daughter to create some cards for them to tape on mailboxes and advertise.

I thought about the name "The Lost Boys" for their service, but Massey came up with "Cousin Cutters."

We put that rates started as low as $20.00. We typed both of their names with their cell phone numbers.

Then Massey added a cute picture of an old push mower to display beneath .

She said they needed a catch phrase.

BABY, I am all over it!

My first idea was "Cheaper than a Haircut"

Massey gave me a look like I had lost my mind.

Then I came up with "Have you checked the HEAT INDEX?"

It is an excruiatingly hot summer here and I thought that might pick them up a few lazy people.

I got the same look from my daughter.

Then I thought I had the ringer.

"Dude...Your yard looks really bad"

We butted heads and decided that until they got going, they could go without a "Catch Phrase."

I still say "Cheaper than a haircut" is a winner.

And if the heat index around here goes any higher, we won't even HAVE to mention the other slogan.

We made them 50 cards to tape on mailboxes tomorrow (although I always gripe about people leaving stuff taped to my mail box.)

HEY!! At least my boy is finding his way outside of the house...I thought he had lost the way.

With all the spring rain and the high temps now, they may end up making a killing this summer.

Let's hope they do !

No comments: