Sunday, June 21, 2009

1:54 AM ... Off Tomorrow and Fading Fast

If you thought I had a rough LAST Sunday, just you wait!

So what it is Father's Day? They make 'em WE shape 'em.

Totally kidding...although it felt pretty good when I typed the words.

The bad vibe just comes from being a server for over thirty years. Mother's Day is the absolute worst. Everybody knows how hard it is to please a woman ...especially when you only try to do it once a year. The husband picks up the check cheerfully thinking "FINALLY, I did something right!"

Not a month later he is back in our store with his sponging teenagers , their dates and his wife who suggested they "Take him out" for Father's Day.

This time he has to act happy because it is HIS BIG DAY !!!

He is still going to get to pay for everything, just finds himself frustrated that he isn't home with a beer while he sits in his recliner and watches the US Open.

If you are a server, you know that holidays are for "Rookies."

It is a day when people come out to eat that normally wouldn't spend 75 cents on supersizing their combo, much less have to actually get OUT of the car to enjoy their meal.

Sorry folks if I offend, but next holiday out at a restaurant take a look around and see if you see any BFF's.

I made good money, don't get me wrong. But for the aggravation and the abuse I took from people who waited an hour for a table (who'd think you'd have to wait for a table on Father's Day at 1:00 PM ?)

I took it...but in my sly, subtle way I gave it.

If the men got really obnoxious, I would say "You know you really only have this ONE day...and I'll be sweet... but don't EVEN think about coming in tomorrow unless it is your 50th wedding anniversary.

I bet he'll have to pay then TOO !!

It's over and I made it through and made some green. Let's hope a lot of people are staying home this summer because now starts the "Dry" summer months.

I guess now I will have to be nice to every one!!

Just kidding. I truly do love my job ...it is the greatest psychology experiment I have ever been involved with and never ceases to amaze me.

No wonder I'm so stinkin' smart ...AND humble .

1 comment:

Lynsey Durr said...

This must explain the $2.56 tip I got on the $75 tab for the people I waited on at the bar...by the way, one of the sons showed me a fake ID poorly placed on top of his actual id...IN FRONT OF HIS MOTHER!!!!! Wait...the father wasn't ever there. I have no explaination for this one!