Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Little Helpers Helping ME!

Thank the Lord everyone is taking their mom out early for Mother's Day.

It started last night at work, thanks to the rain that kept people from grilling out (thanks again JC).

Tonight was even better. Tips are still way down...but I say sometimes you have to take quantity over quality. At least the people are pouring in the door. I have to take advantage of it because after Mother's Day we will be in another drought until Father's Day...then we will just hope we can make it til Christmas!

We are all so used to it being slow at work that we almost felt like we were all new servers starting a new job.

The kitchen did a fabulous job...two Latinos and a Gringo took care of "bidness" and certainly helped US earn a paycheck tonight. They earn theirs EVERY shift they work.

We had ole Captain Cunningham expediting the food out of the window, (refer to former post to see what kind of guy he is) and one of our managers that drinks coffee like he is scared of becoming Rip Van Winkle.

Had to stay late, but it was so relieving to make some money, be assured that people do still go out to eat and know that I can make my bank deposit tomorrow at the first window. (If I think I may have a low or negative balance I go to the third window away from the building and make fake phone calls on my cell phone while they process my deposit. (it just makes "me" feel better).

I feel like the economy is taking a slight upward swing...at least we aren't still plummeting and with time and patience things will look up again.

After a whole weekend of this flurry of people taking care of Moms...I may just "WALK" into the bank on Monday to make my deposit!!

That will scare 'em !! They will probably think I have gotten so desperate that I am there to hold them up!! They will all say "LOOK..she is getting out of her car and coming in...hit the button, hit the button" !!

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: