Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day !

It's one AM, just walked in the door from work. I have to be back at work at 9:30 AM and work straight through dinner.

When I got home there was a Mother's Day card on the kitchen table and a bottle of perfume...also a new umbrella with little lights all around the edges of it for my back patio table (my old one broke from the weight of 4" of snow that fell unexpectedly in late March).

My card was signed by my two younger kids that still live at home. Massey wrote "Goodnight, I love you" and Zach signed "Zach Cotton". I guess he didn't want me to confuse him with someone else I may know named "Zach".

Work was a nightmare...people that go out to eat on special holidays...not to mention a full moon must be out of their minds. We were in a wait before 5:00 and stayed that way til almost 9:30.

On another work related note...

Sometimes when I am home and on the computer I will bounce over to Facebook. On two separate occasions, I have seen one of my young co workers using her blackberry to post on her Facebook while she is at work to let the world know how things are going at work. As an "ole" lady, it takes me too long to hunt and peck on a cell phone to be able to post ANYTHING quickly.

I was kidding her at work tonight about it and told her that I felt like texting her to tell her I was running food to her table for her that was sitting ready in the window of the kitchen.

Of course I kept on with her...telling her she had
"two new Friend's requests" she should respond to (Facebook lingo). You have a little pop up window on Facebook that tells you how many of your friends are online, so when I went to the restroom to call and check up on my kids, I sent my friend a text saying "how many friends are online now"?

When I got out of the restroom I went out onto the patio section of tables where she was working, and there she was, hovered over her blackberry typing away...I KNEW she would be! It's like working with my own children!

I told her one night when I was at home and on the computer and knew she was at work, I was going to write on her wall (more Facebook lingo)..."The kitchen needs to see you in the window".

It's like one of the bartenders we used to have at work (another young kid). Sometimes I felt like texting my order for drinks at the service bar to his cell phone because he checked his cell phone more often than he did the computer that sends our drink orders back to the bar.

It 's almost like I never leave home...always surrounded by kids and having to get onto them relentlessly...thank the Lord I love both sets of kids..my home kids and my work kids as well. it's tough to be almost fifty and work with some kids that are younger than the ones you left at home tearing up the place and eating up all the food.

It was really thoughtful of my kids to get me the new patio umbrella, I sit out back almost every night reading (thanks Hubby) and a special thanks to my younger son for reminding me of his last name on my Mother's Day card. You know , it's weird but when my older son was young he did the same thing...always signing "TJ Cotton" like it was a progress report or project for school rather than just a card for Mom. BOYS!! They just don't really get it until they meet the woman of their dreams and she begins to shove them down the path of life.

I can tell you now, Zach needs to be "Shoved" at an early age!!

Going to finish a book that I am almost through with, iron a work shirt for tomorrow...drink a cold one, fall into bed ... get up tomorrow and do it all again (especially the cold one at the end of the day).

Happy Mother's Day to you all...we mothers are caretakers, caregivers, instructors and sometimes "Bad" guys...but WE make it a home, WE give it the heart and the feeling of comfort and security...have yourself a lovely day and know that we are all deeply appreciated ...even if they don't always show it.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

No comments: