Friday, April 10, 2009

Ain't Purl

Boy have I had a rough couple of Internet months!

First , my classmates rival that I barely remembered gave me a thorough cyber lashing.
Then I had to master Facebook and Twitter...no easy feat for a 48 year old woman.

Then I got hooked up with "EX" classmates...a group from my Alma Mater that started their own Delphi forum.

I was feeling it! I was back in my groove...typing and writing my thoughts and memories.

Then the "Big BOOM "...POLITICS.

Since when does reminiscing with classmates constitute raving your political views?

If I wanted to do that I would join Politico or some other vent.

Instead the site was filled with people calling our President "Sambo" and other comments that quite simply offended me.

Our President has an undoubtedly daunting and realistically unreachable task in these current times...and was this all HIS fault?

But in the maelstrom, I have met a great friend...not face to face, but chat to chat.

I dare say she does not share ALL of my political views, but is a person that is sane in an insane time in our lives.

We have begun an internet friendship...if you asked me ten years ago what that meant, I would have been baffled.

But in today's times, it means that when I type my obviously LOUD opinions and views...you know what? She understands me, supports my opinions and expresses her own in a very gentile and supportive manner.

What a treat to have someone that accepts me...what a treat to find an online friend...what a treat to find someone waiting for our government to find the correct answer to our many, many problems in this country.

We have started our OWN joke..as my email is the clampetts...(I am a HUGE Beverly Hillbillies fan)...she has become Aunt Pearl and I have become Kelly Mae.

It is a series of ironies...serious issues, friendly chats, worries about overstepping in a high school forum...and gaining new friends.

I find myself checking in every day to see if my "Ain't Purl"...a joke between us..has written to me.

Why do people have to over involve the world's problems when it is just a site to remember the past...HELLO!!! We are depressed enough without you dragging it into a high school chat room!

I cannot wait until the day that I meet my Ain't Purl face to face... we are destined to be good friends...in my book we already are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know "friends" were supposed to make you cry. :o) I think it is irony that I am called "Aunt Purl" when you are the real pearl or should I just call you "gem".