Friday, April 3, 2009

My Busy Life...LOL !!

I am sitting at my computer... with my two boxers standing on a bench outside the window I am facing; Them staring at me intently, listening to them whine like it is 40 below outside (it is a balmy 60).

The dinner dishes are done , the laundry is spinning and the dryer tumbling. What a WILD Friday night!

Actually I surprised myself by using "LOL" in the title of this post. I am not one to make little faces with colons , semi colons or parenthesis. I know that is all the rage but I prefer to write something that will make someone smile on their own. My daughter does enough of that kind of typing to choke a horse...sometimes I don't know what she means by half of the stuff she texts me. She is 13 though and now that she is a GROWN WOMAN (LOL for sure)... I just let her be and often feel like emailing her texts to the pentagon to be decoded. Of course if she wants something from me or the store it is a straight forward message with nothing to decipher.

My son uses "word" a lot on his phone. He gets the words wrong nine times out of ten and at least makes me chuckle with most of his messages...(no little faces from him) :)

He sent me a text one time trying to tell me that he knew more about fixing my computer than the person I had asked to come over and take a look at it. His text read "Mom, I know more than HE dose". (I saved THAT one in my drafts).

My daughter used to occasionally text me from school...a totally forbidden act that could get her into trouble if they ever burst into the bathroom stall while she was texting. She has stopped after I threatened to take her phone away. The last time she did it, I ignored the text three times trying to get her to give up. I finally sent her a message back and said "Do NOT text me again". Not one minute went by and I received another text: OK :)

Granted she was sick...but for Pete's sake go to the nurse or the office.

I honestly do not know how my mother raised three kids without a cell phone or at least a pager. I couldn't imagine my kids NOT having a cell phone. My one rule is that if my husband and I are paying for it, they sure as heck had better answer it when WE call.

If you had told me when I was 12 years old in 1972 that one day I would have a daughter 13 years old with a laptop AND a cell phone...I would have looked at you like you were crazy.

Who's the crazy one now? "ME" !!

LOL BFF BTW JK JP OMG IDK... How long does it take to spell out a simple word, or is everyone in THAT big of a hurry?

Granted girls seem to use it a lot more, but the whole younger generation seems to be looking for a shortcut in life at any point they can.

Wait til they get my age ... they will be hunting for some way to turn the clock BACK! ;(

At least I am fortunate and work with young people on a daily basis. I have to put up with some of them being lazy, irresponsible and undependable...but for the most part they keep me in touch with what my kids are in touch with and end up keeping me a pretty cool mom.

Guess that I will close for now and switch back to my high school site (NOT CLASSMATES) and spew some of my verbal diarrhea their way!!

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: