Friday, April 24, 2009

Goodnight Sweetheart...It's Time To Go

Just got an email from my friend that is taking my little sweetie Reese back to Texas.

I have never been touched more by a child than I was by Reese.
We started watching her when she was nine months old. She is now an amazing tot that has let me know just how smart and savvy kids can be.

The impact she has made on and in our lives is incredible in itself, not to mention the fact that she has an amazing mom that has grown and matured into a terrific mom and a dear friend.

She is going back home to her parents, leaving me with a feeling like I am losing one of the most significant people in my ole life.

Thank the Lord, the little girl didn't realize what she means to me. Thank the Lord, the mother knows.

An amazing child, a puff of happiness on a cloudy day, a way to make you realize how precious each moment is, and how we as adults tend to "dis" the small things in life.

The two years we spent with this "Angel" were two of the happiest in our house. She wound herself into everyone's heart, she wound her way into our soul and she will be there forever.

I know that she won't remember her times here...but WE will. A glimpse of sunshine on an overcast day, a happy tune when we were feeling blue...a positive vibe, a reason to be happy...that was our Reese .

She grew up with us, her mother grew up with us...and we all were lucky just to be here for it.

Good night sweetheart...it's time to go...just don't forget us, because we will NEVER forget you.

No comments: