Monday, March 30, 2009

Why Did I Sleep So Late?

It is 1:36 AM and here I am typing on my blog. WHY DID I SLEEP SO LATE TODAY? It felt soooo good at the time, but it is coming back to bite me as I type in the wee hours of the morning.

I'll just rant about a couple of items and maybe getting it off my chest(not that my chest has much to spare) will drain me enough to get a good four hours of shut eye.

Went to my first AA meeting tonight with my two younger kids. A dear friend of mine celebrated their 20th year of sobriety tonight and we went to show our love, support and admiration for this great accomplishment.

It was a moving and eye opening couple of hours.

Thank God it was an "Eatin Meetin". The food was great and I wanted to go back for seconds but didn't want them referring me to "Over Eaters Anonymous". I had my plate piled high on the first run through and settled on eating my kids leftovers.

The stories were heartbreaking, inspirational and extremely motivational. These people have a bond that is close and comfortable...something EVERY person can learn from. To have a support group that understands and wants to help you unconditionally.

HEY!! My kids even liked it...it may help them down the road one day, but I know that it made an impact THIS day and that is extremely important for teens especially...given the environment and peer pressure placed upon them every day.

Moving on...cause I promised myself to be in bed by 2:15 to get that 4 to 5 hour nap!

I am, as you know a "Chatty Cathy" on various websites, groups and venues. What is upsetting me is the almost racist, negative anti support of our "President".

Although I do tend to lean to the left as my husband leans towards the right...when a president is in the White House...he is supported by us both. This is a man the COUNTRY has elected...he didn't win American Idol or get the most "Text's". Millions and millions of people chose him to be our leader...and now he is JUST that! How can an American not be proud of a chosen leader of the greatest nation in the world?

If you wish him to fail, you are wishing the nation to fail. He has said he won't always be right and will have to try different strategies if ones implemented fail. In other words, he is saying he is human, he is not infallible...but I sincerely think he wants to make this country a better place for us all...and are WE better equipped to make the decisions that I am sure he struggles with every waking hour...or are we going to at least give him our support and give him a chance before crucifying or criticizing him?

For eight years I supported "W" as my president...he was the leader of my country and until the last few months had my total support as an American. But to bash, ridicule and make fun of a man not in office even 100 days is a bit extreme for my likes.

YES...he will make mistakes, but let us wait and see if he can admit and correct them before we begin throwing stones or calling names.

IS ANYONE PERFECT?

Do any of you truly think you could do a better job, given the immense and overwhelming problems that he has inheirited and been brave enough to take on for the next four years....talk about getting MY rest tonight...GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT AND GUIDE HIM TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

It can be a DEM or it can be a REPUB...as long as they are in control of my nation, I will respect them for the immense task and job they have and be grateful that I live in the United States of America.

No comments: