Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm All a"twitter" Now

For Pete's sake...this is ABSOLUTELY the last website I am joining!

I have an entire index card filled out with log in names, usernames, passwords etc.

There is nothing worse than being a 49 year old HACK trying to keep up with the exploding world of "Chatting" on the internet. I spend most of my time trying not to look incredibly stupid, in case some of my kid's friends see me out here in cyberspace.

I think I might like this twitter deal...only time will tell. I thought that I had facebook down pat, then they changed the whole site (probablly just so they could laugh at all us Ole Farts scrambling to keep up)!

Then I get an email saying a dear friend of mine that has moved to Shreveport is "following" me on twitter.

After hitting the "help" button and The "FAQ" button several times, I was able to make a post (we won't go into how long it took me to crop and post a profile picture). I'm still not quite sure how to send him a note or contact him personally, and I have to be at work in seven hours so I suppose that will have to wait!!

I guess I'll get off the computer now and go do something I KNOW how to do...like laundry and vacuuming.

Til Next time......COTTON

2 comments:

Frances said...

Kelly you are not old by a long shot. I got a computer after I was in my 70's and didn't even know how to turn it on when I got it. So you are doing great and you have the "advantage" of having young people in your house to guide you.Keep up the good work. F

Joannah said...

Well, Im 34 and I dont know what the heck Twitter is...guess I have to find out now. THATS NICE! Thanks!