Sunday, January 4, 2009

SISTER TO SISTER

Another grueling day of waiting on the public...got home and called my sister, like I always do.

She sounded WEAK at best.

She had felt like she was getting sick during church. She just felt a tightness in her chest and anxious. (I live that feeling every day).

We often laugh about our ailments (I have one thumb that is completely numb..I know that it is carpel tunnel..but I have another thumb that feels fine, so why worry)?

My sister felt unwell enough to be taken to the fire station to have her blood pressure taken, and it was extremely high.

To me, in my small world..I know what it is...she does SO much for others, always on a charity basis, always forgetting her own well being...not drinking enough water and not taking care of herself.

This happened during church about 11:30, when I spoke to her at 10:00 PM she sounded weak as water.

The trip to the hospital showed all tests OK, but the high blood pressure not only worries her, but terrifies me.

My sister is my fail safe.

My sister is my best friend, my mentor and my guiding beam of light in my entire existence.

I know that she means the exact thing to SO many people that are not even related to her, but have been blessed with the presence of her in their life.
I KNOW that it is just her OVER EXTENDING herself, doing more than she should.

Hopefully and prayerfully , I know all will be OK with "My Girl".

She will kill me when she comes upon this post...


But before she gathers her anger up, I hope she stops... takes a deep breath and a long drink of water.

This woman, this sister, this friend; Means more to me than anything in this life .

I love my husband and kids first, but she runs a pretty close second.

She goes more than ANY person I know, and makes me look like a slug in comparison.

I am sure that it is all just stress, just a message for her to slow down.

She is totally loved by so many people, family and organizations that I know prayers are being sent up as I type.

Just don't give me this scare...don't make me have to EVEN imagine what would happen to me if I didn't have my sister in my life.

I love you, I love you, I love you.

Take a break from all of your exhausting and continuous good deeds, and take a little time for yourself.

I need YOU... more than I can ever let you know.

By the way, I will be over tomorrow to give you the greatest massage of you life.

I LOVE YOU CINDY... I wouldn't be where I am today unless I had you by my side for 48 years.

See you in the morning (with bran muffins and decaffeinated coffee).

HANG ON SISTER...I AM ON THE WAY!!

No comments: