Friday, November 14, 2008

What are You Giving "Thanks" For This Year?

I posted this same question on my classmates website and have had only one response.

What I am grateful for is probably such a long list that I would bore you before entertain you... But here I go anyway.

I am grateful for the fact that I was raised by the most two amazing parents that a child could ever hope or dream of having.

That is the one statement that most defines me... and tells you readers what kind of environment I was raised in and grew up in ; Having my parents values and having the love that so many millions of kids miss.

I was blessed from the start, although it took me some thirty odd years to realize it.

I now realize that the reason that my parents were taken so early from my life, the reason is that they want me to make them proud, it is the reason that they brought me up to be a person that cares... a person that wants to make a change and a person that is so passionate and so insistent on not only helping others, but helping any person that comes my way that may need a hand up, or perhaps need a hand out.

I wear my heart on my sleeve, actually it never reaches my sleeve... it hits my soul first and is already in action before I know what hits me.

Yes, I am a Democrat, but I have voted for Repubs, I vote for the person, not the party.

But this nation, this world, this economy, this total feeling of despair and this feeling of failure needs to have hope. It needs to have someone that can TRY to make a difference, and someone that is not born from wealth, but has made their own way in this world, has overcome hurdles that we could never fathom... and reached the point that he can in fact "MAKE A DIFFERENCE"... I say let's let him try...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for having the most amazing,helpful,loving,family ever!
We all proved this yesterday moving into the farm house, daddy missed foot ball, uncle chris(although he did decide to come when we all finished moving in!)came down and supported cindy and harvey,zach helped ALOT moving in and out.,along with griffin & casey & shannah & me (a little bit, but i helped pack everything in boxes!),anyway back to my point, i have the most amazing love caring helpful family a 13 year-old girl could ever wish for!


love always, massey