Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Is the Country Just NOT Paying Attention??

I get emails EVERY DAY from people.

These "Cute" texts from people. I have one currently on my phone sent from a neighbor.
It is a text showing a monkey with a banana... with the white house in the background. It fades to a picture of Barrack Obama standing in front of the white house.

I do not know what the correct word to use is...but I think I could sum it up in three.

"TOTAL RACIAL BIAS".

This is a man that is a Christian, an advocate and an obvious patriot.

How in the world can you portray him as a muslim, black, or terrorist? (you repubs CAN'T tell me that you haven't tossed THAT one around )!!

I consider myself a Democrat, but HAVE voted for republicans. I vote for the person...not the party.

And Roe vs. Wade?????????????

Give me a break. The repubs have had eight years to overturn the decision.

My only argument with PALIN (besides her sarcastic comments about Obamma in her acceptance speech) is her opposition to abortion..even in cases of incest or rape .

I have a thirteen year old daughter.

If by some freak of nature, she was raped by a crack head, alcoholic or even by a relative( I know that last scenario is extremely unlikely)..but it COULD happen to some one some where.

There is NO man on this planet that is in the position to tell a woman what to do with her body. There is NO governing official that has the right to tell or legislate anything that can instruct a woman how to conduct her life or destiny with her bodily capabilities... or the options that are hers to choose.

Look at the economy...look at your own portfolio.

Are you happy having to drive around your city looking for gas?

Are you happy with us spending billions of dollars a month on a war where they don't want us...killing over 4000 of our own citizens?

Are you happy with having a man in the white house that only wants to sugar coat his election, get into office, and continue the last eight years?

Are you happy knowing that if his health fails... we will have a woman in charge that would let the government tell women all across this great nation that THEY do not have a choice on what they can do with their OWN body?

How many more banks can we bail out? How many more houses have to go into foreclosure?

It hasn't worked for the last eight years.

I say it is time to give someone else a chance.

Not a monkey with a banana...

But a man that has a vision to try to change the politics, the lobbyists, the CEO's..the wall street crooks and all of their cronies.

It is time to take back our nation, time to worry about the Americans, bring home our troops, fix the economy...and fix our future.

I would have voted for Mike Huckaby...and did in the primaries....but we are far past that point now.

It is a time to stand up to all of our fellow citizens and say that the time of racial bias should be a sore point in our past...not a stumbling block for a better future.

As I write this post, I know that I am losing readers. I know that I am in the minority.

I also know that I have three children who are coming into their adult lives WAY too quickly.

It is them that I worry about the most.

It is ALL of our futures that I worry about.

Take a look at your life now, and remember how prices, gas and the whole economy was over eight years ago.

Whether you agree with me or not...your only option is to VOTE VOTE VOTE.

I promise that I will not rant about this again until after the election.

But I am a DIE HARD voter.

If every person in America voted, if every person actually cared about their opinion being heard and counted.... We would be living in a MUCH different society...and it would be a much better place, a more peaceful place and a better world for all of us.

Once again.....it's only MY opinion Till next time....(hopefully)


COTTON

4 comments:

Joannah said...

I feel your pain...I swear, my hair is on fire and I cannot afford four more years like the past eight! I can't understand fearing a black man in power so much that more of the same seems a viable option. And I can't even get started on Palin, my head will just explode. I always thought I'd try to provide a better life for my kids than my parents did...thats the norm. Now I just pray to god I can come close enough to what they did to be acceptable, and they made no where near what we do!

And honestly, I cannot bear to watch the things that are happening to my friends coming home from Iraq. I hate it that they are so broken, and trying to get help does nothing but seem to hurt them more.

I live in Western NY. Believe it or not, being a Democrat I am in the minority here as well. I consider myself a Patriot. You won't be losing me as a reader!

Like I tell the kids,

" Sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest thing."

Thanks for trying Cotton. I'm so proud you're my friend, and blessed that the size of your mouth is matched by the size of your heart!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

You may lose some readers, but you certainly get a strong vote of approval from Betty and me (and I think I can speak for all our kids as well).

Continue to speak your mind and heart. We love your comments and reflections.

BTW, Betty tried to leave a comment, but it didn't publish for some reason.

Love to all the Cottons.

Cuz'n Neal in Rabun Gap. GA

Auto'Blog'raphy of a Waitress & Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auto'Blog'raphy of a Waitress & Mom said...

Thank you for your support. Thank you for caring about the country as I do. I just pray that the rest of the country turns out in support as well. I am blessed to have good friends and good family. If it gets needed, I may have to retract my promise of no more rants before the election. Love to my dear friend in NY and my family up in the "GAP".