Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Realities and Fantasies of Life

I think that I am going to have to start carrying around a notebook so that I can jot down the hundreds of things that come to my mind.

My most recent thought is of a recipe that a dear friend of mine gave me.

I love recipes and always want to try new dishes.

My friend told me that she had found a wonderful new dish of pasta salad.

BABY..I love me some pasta and I LOVE me some salads.

She found it on the internet and told me she would bring me some to work the next day.

The next day...she brought a bowl of bow tie pasta that looked so forsaken and lost ...just waiting for someone to come to it's rescue.

She informed me that it called for a cup and a 1/2 of mayo (she had substituted low fat mayo "YUCK" ) and said that red bell peppers were too expensive to buy.

She also said that it was to have green onions diced and added..but she had left them out. Also it was to have grape tomatoes added, but they were also too expensive to purchase. "HELLO..it's called a recipe for a reason"!!

The result was a bowl of noodles mixed in low fat mayo and it was at the LEAST...unappealing and bland.

Of course this particular friend relies on me for all of her "SNACKS" when I work with her... and after getting the "REAL" recipe...it was absolutely delicious and a big favorite of all of my co workers.

Maybe they know me too well. Maybe they know that I love to cook and feed the masses.

Maybe they are just "Playing Dumb" knowing that I will bring in a dish that they will all fight over and snicker behind my back..."She ain't got a CLUE that we like her cooking".

I do it every time that I work a day shift.
I went into work today and the manager sifted through my bags and said "What did Cotton bring us today"

I am not sure what my mission is on this earth. Is it to raise my family, or is it to raise an entire company?

I love my family dearly, but I rely on my job to keep the money flowing.

Sometimes I think that the two are intertwined ... I have been at my current job for ten years and sometimes think that THEY are my family as well.

I actually DO love my job (which is rare these days ) and they compensate me wonderfully.


I care about, love and respect everyone that I work with, and I honestly think that is why they treat me so well and that is the reason that I continue to work for them.

To be "LOVED" is a great thing.

Not only am I loved by my family, I am loved by the people that I work with.

Let's look at it this way.. I could be "super sizing " it at a drive through or just be hoping to.

I am blessed, my family is too.

What more could an American hope for?
A better recipe than the American Dream.... I DON"T THINK SO!!!
...What better recipe for life could we all have ???

YOU TELL ME!!!

No comments: