Thursday, August 14, 2008

They Say That the Number Thirteen is Unlucky...But it Is Incredible to Me

My youngest child...my only girl, is turning thirteen.

How did she progress from being a four pound "preemie" to being a young woman already more grown up than ME??

Her birthday is Tuesday. Being that school is in session, we have decided to have her party this Sunday so that all of her school friends and hopefully all of my family can come.

By the way Elizabeth, consider this your invitation...because I am working my butt off these last few days , trying to get everything together, and I know you read my blog.

ANYHOO... back to my girl.

We are having a "BLOWOUT"!!

We have rented a forty foot long slip and slide that they come inflate on our back lawn. It stands about four feet off the ground and has water spraying from arches all along the way. It is the most fun thing I have ever done legally, and all of the nieces, nephews and neighbors absolutely have a blast.

Just a shoutout to my kinfolk in LaGrange...We rent it from a place in LaGrange, "B&E Happy Hoppers". You should call them up next time you have a party for your "grand youngin's". Put a couple of drops of baby shampoo on the slide and it gets even better!!

We have kids in my neighborhood that only come to my house once a year...just to get their turn on the massive "SLIDE".

We are cooking burgers, dogs, having Chicken salad with Pineapple and almonds, and giving my girl the greatest send off into her teens that we can think of (or afford).

Her room is ALWAYS a wreck...she is unorganized and unfocused...but she is so stinkin sweet, honest and loving that I forgive her for her shortcomings, and praise her for her attributes.

I may regret it one day, but after raising two boys...she'll probably always be the easiest to influence...and she is A LOT easier to bribe!!

If I didn't have my kids, I don't think that my life would have much focus of any kind.

They are the reason that I work so hard, worry so much and pray so hard....Maybe they are what is keeping "ME" in line!!

If you live near NEWNAN Georgia...drop on by on Sunday! We will be glad to have you!!

I don't want to brag on myself (but I will) I have had over 5000 hits on my blog and want to thank every person that has read my blog and that has contributed to my postings.

Keep it up...and keep on reading for the re-cap of the big "Slip and Slide" event.... We may even give out medals, since it is the week of the Olympic Games. If any Chinese gymnasts show up...we WILL check "ID'S" . Till next time...COTTON

No comments: