Monday, July 7, 2008

My Girl is BACK...and my BACK is OUT!!

My sweet little girl came home tonight, after an eight day vacation with her friend and their family.

My back went out yesterday...Painfully so, after a 12 hour double at work on Saturday... carrying probably 30 racks of glasses and about at least 30 buckets of ice during my shift. I guess that I am not as young as I used to be.

I regretfully had to call out of work on Sunday. The spasms in my lower back were almost bringing tears to my eyes.

I went to WalMart and bought a heating pad, came home and ran the hottest bath I could...added a two quart pot of boiling water to it..and scalded myself silly.

After sleeping on the heating pad and repeating the scalding bath routine..I felt well enough to go back to work.

I take the good with the bad...My girl is back..but my back is killing me!

She remarked that I should let all the lazy young people at work do the heavy lifting....I believe her comment was "MAMA...you are OLD"!

Number one..they aren't going to do it...Number two..don't call me OLD to my face!!

She said she meant it in a good way.

Exactly what "GOOD" way was she talking about?

I guess she meant that I was still in shape, had a funky haircut and can still stand to listen to
STAR 94. (our local top 40 radio station)

My girl is finally back...and my back is finally better.

It freaks me out when I have a physical ailment that could possibly stop me from doing my job.

I have worked since the age of fourteen. I have never been without a job.

My husband is on the edge of making his dream come true. He has started his own air freight business...and is working relentlessly to make it ALL come together. It may take a couple of years for it to come to fruition...but I have complete and total faith in him.

If only my old tired body can make it that far. I am going to start taking it easier on myself...stop doing what others should and WILL start helping me with...and start making other "Young Farts" at work pull their own weight. I think that we will be OK..By that, I mean "I" will be OK.

At least I have my girl back...my husband has my back...and hopefully I will keep my OWN back!

If only these young people that I work with knew what I know...knew what I have done and experienced; and knew what lay ahead of them in life.

OOOHHH!! The magic word is "ONLY".

I guess that it is lesson that is learned by experience, trial and error.

But for Pete's sake...don't break "MY" back by learning it !!

Gotta go scald my back again...Till next time COTTON

1 comment:

Joannah said...

Hey Don't forget girl...Star 94 and Zachary's favorite song ( some ten years ago at least;)) won you a laptop! Are Steve and Vicky still on? I used to think of them everytime I started up my Beetle!