Thursday, July 3, 2008

For Pete's Sake, I am Tired

Just got home from work...but I am HOOKED on my blog. I just wanted to give my latest update on my life, feelings and situation.

My daughter is sill away with friends... If I knew how to create one of those little frowning faces with my keyboard I would. (:):) >... Who discovered how to use colons, hyphens and semi colons to create "MOODS"?... And how much spare time did THEY have?

I am left with my dogs..my sons aren't much for the "HUGGY" type. But when I come in from work... my three pooches are all hovered by the door...waiting for "MOMMA".

I go upstairs and they are beating me by at least a step. I go back downstairs and they are flying in front of me..oomffing down every step. I go out back to read my book (currently "Angels And Demons"...don't even get me started on THAT book) and they are scratching at the door.

I come back inside to switch the laundry and they are all three laying by my feet in a pile. I go to the restroom..and all three tumble in right behind me...like they are seeing which of them can get closest to me.

I guess that they all know I am in "Massey" withdrawals.

It is extremely sweet of them to notice...and I appreciate their effort..but after working a ten hour shift... For Pete's Sake!! just give me a minute!!

But they don't..and I have to remember that they are JUST dogs... although in my house, that isn't a bad thing to be.

As I type this post all three are gathered at my feet....snoring away...just happy that "MOMMA" is home....and waiting for me to get up and put another load of clothes in the dryer, so that they can all three get up and follow me to the laundry room , just to make sure that I make it there okay.

My husband says they hear me when I pull into the subdivision and I don't much doubt that.

But they are keeping me company while my girl is away, and will lick her face silly when she comes back.

People that do not have dogs, just do not know what kind of companionship, dedication and loyalty they are missing...(and they don't even have to go to Teacher conferences, or look at disappointing progress reports).

All you do is love them, treat them to food, fresh water and a huge back yard to explore. They require nothing else, expect nothing else and want nothing else.

DANG....Why can't kids be that easy?

I wouldn't trade my kids for anything thing in the world...but I would have a hard time trading my pups as well.

It is all relevant... In my house..FAMILY is FAMILY. Yes I love my kids the most by any sense of the word "MOST"... but my pups are pretty important to me as well. They may come in second to my kids..but they are a close second...albeit they are definitely second...my kids would be devastated without these three dogs that are currently curled around my feet..snoring and farting and making me feel secure.

My two boys are out somewhere together...my daughter is 300 miles away. But my pups are at my feet...loving me now. Somehow they JUST know that I need them, while my "youngins" are away. And they don't even mind when the kids come back.

They actually act happier than me when the boys come back. And to me..that only means we have raised our pets right...or maybe We have just been blessed with the greatest dogs on Earth that know how to realize when they themselves have been blessed...and they just want to THANK US.

Till next Time...Cotton

No comments: