Saturday, June 21, 2008

THANKS For NOTHING!!

I went into work today at 10 AM. I was scheduled to work until 10 PM. I had parked my car in a last space of the back parking lot so that if someone hit my car...it could only be from one side. Around 3PM...knowing that I would be leaving after dark with a pocket full of cash by myself...I moved my car to a spot beside the handicap parking..right outside the side door I would be leaving . Around 4Pm...my coworkers coming in for the evening shift told me that my car had been hit by someone, and that they had left my rear hubcap leaned against my tire.

I went outside to discover that not only had they scraped and dented the entire driver side of my car , knocked my hubcap off...left the mark of the "RED" paint of their vehicle on my silver Passat...but had been gracious enough to get out of their own car and lean my hubcap against my car, get back into their own car and drive away. " KUDOS to YOU... "A" HOLE" !!

THANKS FOR NOTHING!!

If I had left my car where it was originally...I could have saved my deductible...but would have been nervous about walking out the door with $200 in my pocket.

As it is...I am now going to have to pay a deductible, take my car to the shop, have it repaired...and take a hit on my OWN policy.

No note on the windshield...no one coming back inside to see who's car it was.

Just "ME"...having to take 30 minutes out of the "busy" time in my profession..to go outside, give a statement to an officer...come BACK in the restaurant to an already filled section of tables.

I lost about $50 just staying outside giving a statement , while the people that hit my car, laughed their way on to the next stop.

How can you be so callous? How can you care so little for other people's property or possessions?

Granted they didn't kill one of my children or hurt me physically. But they still took money from my pocket while I stood out side with an officer taking all the information down.

WHAT IN THE "HELL" IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

I work six days a week...seven shifts, just to try to help take care of my own family. In one act of carelessness, they have cost me the expense of losing money, a deductible and a banged up....previously good looking, "PAID FOR" Passat .

Get a grip, people!! Own up to your mistakes...Don't let someone else have to pay for your own careless acts.

I just hope that it wasn't someone that I had waited on...because they sure as hell didn't leave me a big enough tip!

Thanks for the "VENT"....till next time COTTON

No comments: