Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another Bullet Dodged

Made another trip up to Piedmont Hospital today. My daughter went with me...She said they have "GREAT" food in the cafeteria, and she wanted some of it.

One of my favorite customers at work, as well as a good friend...had a procedure done to see if he needed to have stints put in his heart .

We all commandeered the waiting room. His wife was there, along with his parents and siblings, his son and a few close friends. We all chatted and joked (mostly me joking...but HEY that seems to be my Forte).

A group huddled together hoping for the best outcome to what could possibly be bad news all around.

We pretty much filled the waiting room up ourselves. A few people that dared join us, were subjected to our running the place...having taken over the room as our own.

After a nail biting hour and a half, we were greeted with the news that all was well.

Another bullet dodged...another happy outcome...another reason to thank God.

These were wonderful people that I was surrounded by and I could not be happier for them to have received good news about their loved one.

I ran into one of the nurses that took care of my brother in law when he had his open heart surgery and she was sweet to ask about how he was doing since his big "CRACK IT OPEN".

My daughter got her "fix" from the hospital cafeteria, and my friends got the "fix" that they had all been hoping for...another bullet dodged.

I wish nothing but happiness and well being for my friends...and they truly deserve it.

It was a day well spent. Everyone that has this kind of trauma in their lives need to be surrounded and supported by the ones that love and care about them.

That feeling was definitely alive in that waiting room...he was supported to the "Max " and that support system carried his wife through a couple of truly frightening hours.

Now I can feel free to pick on him again when he comes into my restaurant...maybe even tell him about the "Coronary" specials of the day...and tell him that with every double cheeseburger you can get free defibrillator for only a $300,000 up charge.

Another bullet dodged...another happy ending for some friends that can certainly use a break.

I am glad that it all turned out well for them, and that it turned out well for me...I got to do another amusing post instead of another tragic story of life.

Till next time COTTON

No comments: