Monday, April 7, 2008

The "Weaker" Sex ??? Are You Kidding?!!!

It's 8:00...just got dinner on the table. Thank goodness it is Spring Break for my kids. It just seems that sometimes life just falls apart at the seams at the most inopportune times. It may not seem like a big deal to anyone else...but I have a 15 year old "video" game freak. We bought him an X-BOX 360. I highly DO NOT recommend the purchase of one. We had to take it back after three days.. got a new one, brought it home; and now it has broken once again. Unbelievably, I still had my receipt, warranty , and even my canceled check. After standing in the line at the Walmart service counter, I was informed that I had to call the number on my warranty from Walmart. After calling them , I was told their warranty didn't start until my Microsoft warranty expired. After calling Microsoft... and having the delight of talking to "ACHMED" for several minutes... most of which were asking him to repeat himself in a language or dialect that I could understand; was told that I would have to send my game system back to Microsoft for repairs. THERE GOES SPRING BREAK FOR MY SON!!! It seems to me that Bill Gates has a heck of a lot more money than me, and should know better than to produce a shoddy product that will have mothers all over the world in my same position. And isn't he married? Does he NOT know what type of wrath a woman can spew on the nearest recipient or victim? I paid $485.00 for the system and "WARRANTY" (which is essentially useless for this Spring Break period) . I have to pack up this hunk of junk, mail it back, have them let ACHMED look at it, determine what is wrong, try to fix it, and ship it back to me. What in the heck was my warranty EVEN for?...FREE SHIPPING? I just feel as a consumer, that if I have all of my paper work in order, all of my receipts and a canceled check... BILL GATES owes not only me...but my son. I am so extremely ticked off at the system they are putting me through... jumping through hoops for the richest man on the planet, because I was stupid enough to buy a game system that is so obviously full of defects, that Ray Charles could have seen them. I had asked my husband to take the system back on Saturday, but he didn't have the "TIME." Well, I found the time... and found that it was the most unproductive two hours I have ever spent. I WILL NOT STOP AT THIS BLOG!!! I intend to pursue this to the bitter end. If my company gives out thousands of dollars to people JUST because their steaks aren't cooked right... I want more satisfaction than having to wait 4 to 6 weeks for a repair on an already faulty game system. If Microsoft thinks that women are the weaker sex... They have a HUGE shock coming. I feel like the guy in the movie NETWORK. " I am MAD AS HELL, AM I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"!!! (HEY! It worked for him) . I don't know who designated women to be the "weaker" sex ... but obviously they were not of a right mind... or they were just a bully. I fight my battles like they were an ultimate fighting contest... and never think about the consequences, because I know that when I am RIGHT... you couldn't stop me with a bulldozer... "Just go ahead and TRY"!!! Weaker sex? PLEEAASEEEEE!!!!!!

No comments: