Sunday, April 27, 2008

Seventy Eight Sounds Great!!

I can hardly believe that I have already made 78 posts. Obviously my verbal diarrhea comes so fast and furious that even I have lost count!! This blog has been an amazing thing for me. It has allowed me to express myself, introduce my small audience (actually I have had over 3000 hits on this blog) to the many characters that I have in my life at home and at work. It has enabled me to vent about so many vast and differing topics and opinions that I have (right or wrong) to re connect with a few old friends, and make a couple of new ones. A special shout out to my new friend Eamon, from the UK and a writer from New York!! I sit here at night and just tell my stories, tell you about my life and tell you my problems... and you know what?? A lot more people than I would have EVER imagined are listening and reading. I honestly can't imagine running out of topics...I have about thirty more running through my mind on a daily basis. From the economy, the three houses in foreclosure on my street... to the INSANE way people act about the smallest thing that goes wrong... to the impossible task of raising children in this CRAZY,CRAZY world. I was impressed today at work, when my boss said that he had read my blog last night...it made my day to think that he felt my ramblings were worth his spare time...which he certainly does not have a lot of...monitoring all us idiots at work. A dear friend that moved away about ten years ago, told me she sat at her computer for four hours alternating between laughter and tears reading my stories...that is EXACTLY what I am striving for.. to not only entertain and enlighten but to strike a chord in people that they can recognize and relate to. My only wish is that more of you would add your own comments more often...(except crazy girl from high school). A few of my readers are great about it, and nothing excites me more (that may be an overstatement) than to see new comments on my site. Maybe I need to rip the Republican Party a little more... that will be sure to get my husband to comment!! All in all I have been tremendously satisfied with my little project (Thank you once again , Lisa) and been given the chance to do what I want to do more than anything else in my life (career-wise) WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading and letting me write....not that a team of Mexican Mules could stop me!! Unless one of them was a "Crip" or "Blood"... then I would just plead insanity, and mention that I have a HUGE fan base at my place of employment with a large number of illegals that not only LIKE me, but consider me an amiga. I have been given a wonderful life..probably one that I don't deserve..just ask my former class mate from high school...but one that I do NOT take lightly, and one that I thank GOD for every day of my existence on this Earth. I hope that I have entertained some of you half as much as I have entertained myself (which obviously isn't hard to do). Big plans and ideas are flowing through my teeny mind even as I type this, my 79th post. I'll have to have an 80th "POST" party...maybe invite a few of my friends over for a cold one, and a night of celebration; because since I have started this blog...everything has looked up for me... I feel like I have grown as a person ( I can use the extra pounds) and I feel like my life has another purpose besides being a mother (which I love) and an over worked person (which I HAVE to be right now). But I love my country, I love my life, my family (not necessarily in that order) and I love my blog!! Thanks for reading....And letting ME be Me!!! Till next time..COTTON

No comments: