Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Recommended Reading....(besides my blog)

I am reading the most absolutely wonderful and enlightening book that I have read in YEARS! It is entitled "Eat, Pray, Love", by Elizabeth Gilbert. It has almost become a mantra to me.... a book that I felt I needed a highlighter pen to read it with. So MANY profound statements and observations about life... that I found myself constantly saying "I have GOT to remember that"!!! If you read ONE book this year, I recommend this one!! As a forty eight year old woman, wife and mother...this book has touched me and made me think about the entire scheme of life in an entirely different way. I am on the last part of the book(three parts) and I am intentionally slowing down because I already dread it being over with!! She writes and sounds a lot like me (that isn't the reason that I recommend it) and I feel such empathy for her , and the excellent way she figures EVERYTHING out. Should I ever make money and get all three of my kids out of the house...I will do the EXACT same thing she did and KNOW that I will reap rewards untold!! I feel like OPRAH pitching a "Book Club" selection (which this book probably was)...but caring for my limited and few readers...I felt compelled to share this amazing discovery with you. Pick up a copy and it will change your life... Life is a road we are ALL destined to travel...it is all about choosing the correct route...it may not be the easiest route to travel....but the one that will take you DIRECTLY to your destination and ultimately your life's total state of well being and sincere happiness. TRUST ME...I am being totally serious (and not even getting a kick back from the Author)!!! Till next time...COTTON

1 comment:

Joannah said...

I loved it too! So much that it was my monthly "Must Read" selection at the Library where I work. Have you read The Secret Lives of Bees Yet?