Wednesday, April 2, 2008

PFC "Meathead"

Geez, I hope he is still a Private! If he isn't, he needs to tell me so I can upgrade his rank!... One of my coworkers actually signed up to join our armed forces, with all expectations of being shipped overseas to help in the fight. If ole Bin Laden knew what kind of terror was on the way to find him , he would pick up his skirt and start running like a little girl. We called him "Meathead" at work, and a few other names as well. He is a big "BOOB" of a guy...is that an oxymoron? He is the sweetest guy you will ever meet...he is as huge as a double wide trailer, and barely fit into the extra large shirts that we gave him for work. He always looked like the Incredible HULK, when he was bursting out of his shirt, changing into his green self. When he came home from boot camp, he had slimmed down, and looked TERRIFIC! He is the epitome of a soldier..takes direction well, and is extremely disciplined. I have been writing to him, and my twelve year old daughter has been writing him as well. I totally admire him for his dedication , bravery and commitment to standing up for our country and it's citizens. I worry about him, like I would about any of my own children being sent into harm's way. He is a stand up guy; and with a head as large as his, I have repeatedly told him to keep that big noggin down, and be careful. So another one of my dear friends is going to be shipped overseas... to a country that is TOTAL NUTS, full of people that are angry at us Americans, and just ANGRY in general. I pray for him daily, as I do for all the men and women going over there... they are ALL heroes in my book, and the reason that we get to live such a privileged and generous life. When I think about him, it makes it so much easier to not gripe about a gallon milk being more expensive than a gallon of gas. I admire and salute this man, friend, and hero. All I can do for him is to pray for him, write him religiously, and always have him in my thoughts....I want all of you that read my blog to do the same. This is a wonderful young man that deserves all of our prayers and blessings... he is essentially saving our way of life...and putting his own in the line of fire...literally. KUDOS to you, big guy, and know that I have started a world wide network of people that will think of you and have you in their prayers at night.... You are ALWAYS in mine, and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! It is because of great Americans like you, that Americans like me can sleep at night, and know that we are protected by the BEST... Our loyal and dedicated soldiers... GOD BLESS YOU ALL...and come home soon, and safely! Till next time...COTTON

No comments: