Friday, April 18, 2008

A Day Off Finally...(Kinda)

Twenty days in a row that I have worked...time for a break! I worked in my yard from noon until seven PM. That is like "Nirvana" to me. There is nothing more pleasing to me than to come home and see my yard all cut, trimmed and looking neat and tidy (Thank God people can't see INSIDE of my house). My day in the yard starts with mowing my yard and my next door neighbors (they have moved and their house is still up for sale) This amounts to over 2 acres. It bothers me to no end to have my yard look great with an unkempt yard staring at me across the driveway. Then I move on to my weed eater. It is the greatest invention of the last century. I start by the mailbox, move through the front yard and around the house...move to the back yard and trim not only inside the privacy fence but outside as well. Then you have to trim under the huge hammock that I have and the swing set , only to replace all fifteen steppingstones that I have had to move just so that I can mow the yard around my patio.. How lame am I that this constitutes a fabulous day in my life? I am so sunburned, scratched up by trees and bitten by bugs and covered in grass that you would think I had been backpacking in a jungle in the Congo. It is strange what makes people happy...I guess the old saying "Whatever floats your boat" is really true. I am never happier than I am when I am in my yard on my John Deere (my boyfriend) and making my yard such a pleasant thing to look at. I have day lilies, irises, daffodils and gladiolas, daisies and roses...it is my little piece of Heaven and one that makes my day every time I drive up to my house. It has been the most spectacular day I have had in the past three weeks... me and the yard!! After my day in paradise it is even better when I grill out burgers in my newly groomed and fabulously tidy back yard. At least my dogs seem to enjoy it. After being trapped inside for several hours, they romp out into the yard like it is a new found freedom (at least THEY appreciate my efforts). I will go to bed after a HOT HOT bubble bath and a few cold ones, to wake up in the morning...peer out my bedroom window and view my fabulous achievements of the previous day....which will set my entire tone for the day....I had a day off and I made the most of it, enjoyed it and can look at my efforts with a smile....knowing that once I go to work again this next day, I can come home to a fabulous scene of my blooming flowers and trimmed out yard....I just wish that I felt this passion for the inside of my house. Maybe if they made a John Deere vacuum cleaner, I would really have something going on!! Oh well... time for a reality check..AKA cleaning the bathrooms!! Till next time COTTON

No comments: