Monday, April 21, 2008

Another Tragedy of Life

My youngest, my daughter got off the bus today at 4:00 and fell into my arms to tell me to hug her tightly. One of her friends who had lost her grandmother on Thursday, had lost her Mother in a car accident. This "GIRL" is thirteen years young, facing a lifetime of regret, "coulda done" and "wish I had" thoughts and feelings. She is a sweet smart athletic girl who has all in the span of four days lost not only her grandmother but her mother as well. I want to drive over to her house and throw my arms around her neck and tell her it will be okay, but it WON'T...not for a long long time. From my own personal experience I can tell this young girl that you NEVER get over losing your mother...you just learn to live with the pain that eventually dissolves into a dull ache that you learn to live with and one day will finally be able to think of her without immediately crying. The tears will always be there. When something happens and you at once think of telling her, or have a question that you want to ask her...you won't be able to do these things ever again. But on the flip side of a horrible situation; she is in a wonderful place and not in pain or suffering. She will come to you in your dreams...both of my parents come to me in my dreams and they are the sweetest dreams I ever have , a way to remember their face and voice and have them back with me for a few short minutes. I am going to buy this young woman a blank journal that she can write all of her thoughts, worries and feelings in. My journals are priceless to me and often a saving grace to read and remember how I felt at certain points in my life. I think EVERYONE should keep a journal. As you grow older, they will be precious beyond belief and a comfort in times of reminiscing. Life isn't guaranteed to any of us even for the next five seconds. As I have said many times before, "Live your life to the fullest and enjoy every second that you have." The tide can change in a millisecond, you can't afford to let any opportunity of showing your love to the people that mean the most to you go unobserved or unspoken, tell them how much you love them every single chance you get. My prayer and heart go out to my daughter's little friend... I hate that she is having to learn one of life's toughest lessons at one of life's toughest ages...13. Till next time...COTTON

No comments: