Friday, March 28, 2008

"Shrek" Ya Later, Alligator !

ANOTHER manager of mine is flying our little coop. I call him "Shrek" because # 1 he is a pretty massive man...# 2, he has a pretty massive head. Big heads don't bother me, my daughter has one of the biggest noggins I have ever seen, and she is one of the most beautiful people that I know. Back to "Shrek." He literally fell into our lives at the restaurant. He knows exactly what I mean... and because I love him, and have already essentially called him a fat head (a fat head that I completely adore) I will let my last little comment just be known between him, me and all the employees that read my little blog. After he fell into our lives, took a few days off for recovery...he was back with a vengeance. He , like all of my other managers...is hard working and dedicated to our store and the company. He has an EXTREMELY quick wit...(and this coming from the Queen of wit). He has a beautiful wife and two kids that drive him as nuts as mine do...DON'T THEY ALL? He has the opportunity to move up in the company, and is abandoning us...at least that's the way that I feel. My twelve year old daughter seems to be more upset than anyone...she LOVES our "Shrek" and even bought him a Shrek antennae topper for his car. He SAYS the "DUNkey" took it, but we just aren't sure. But what I am sure of is that we will ALL miss this man more than he could ever possibly know. He has been a bright spot in my day many, many times. He has been on my butt when I needed it, yet always had my back. He is a hard working , honest man that I respect and admire totally. My daughter actually wrote a letter to our corporate office, demanding they keep him here. It was written on purple notebook paper with a pink pen, in her "swirliest" writing. Thankfully I intercepted that one, and explained that this was a step up for him and his family. We will not be the same without him, he will leave a hole in our hearts and a memory of another great boss that we will miss. Good luck my friend... and I call you my friend because you ARE!! That is the great thing about you; you boss us around when we need it, are concerned for us when we need it, and lift us up when we need it. Plus, I will lose A LOT of good material when you leave, and that just plain HURTS!! Always keep in touch, and know that my voice expresses the voice of MANY,MANY people. You have always taken my kidding so well...although you are pretty darn good at it yourself. I wish everyone had a boss like my "SHREK" ... I know he means the world to us, and I hope he takes that thought with him on his journey to a greater opportunity, and greater things for his family. I want nothing less for him, and he deserves even more... especially after putting up with me for all this time.... maybe I am the reason he is leaving! I love you, and may you have a "RICH" and fulfilling life . Come back to see us or we will hunt you down and make you climb a fireman's ladder...BLINDFOLDED!!! Till next time...COTTON

1 comment:

Pokey said...

Break a leg!!! Thanks for ALL you have done.