Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Rebound

After my last post, I realized that I left on a somewhat "somber" note. But to my great and utter amazement... I have been pulled back from depression, and soared to the height that I have always known my kids could put me at with just a few words. Kids are an amazing, terrifying, and if you raise them right; a GREAT experience. I have mentioned before that my kids are my LIFE. They are what drive me, inspire and direct me. When one of my kids has the nerve to admit that they were wrong, admit the fact that I was right... is one of the most fulfilling and tremendous moments in a parent's life. It is the moment that you know you have done the right thing and raised them in the right way. It is a revelation that not only you, but your kids are on the right course, and are finally glimpsing the future that CAN be theirs... the one that we want for them. So they knock you down for a day or two... do you know how lucky I am that it only took a day for it to sink in, and for them to come to me, and tell me that not only do they think I am right, but that they LOVE me ? I am SOOO beyond happy, so relieved and impressed that I think, in fact... I HAVE made a difference and an impression. But worries me more than anything is that I have two more coming up behind the first! Can I make it through all three kids? Can I have my heart broken and fixed this many times? My immediate answer is YES!! To have a child ( even if they are 21) tell you that they love you, and appreciate you is one of the most TREMENDOUS feelings that a parent can have and treasure. Although last night, I was so ticked off at him... today I love him EVEN more for being a "MAN" and standing up and telling me to my face that he loves me, and respects me. It is truly a hard job being a parent; but not a job that I would give up for ANYTHING on this Earth. Kids can knock you down, but if they are raised right.. they will make you proud, and make you happy to call them your own. I think that I will keep all three of mine, and just pray that the next two in line will somehow be easier (good luck with THAT one !) Till next time COTTON

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You leave me no choice but to sell mine to the gypsies while she's still cute and trainable!!