Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Next Door Husband...

I have been with my husband for twenty years; I have been with my second husband for seven. I say this kiddingly. I am talking about my next door neighbor. He is a single father, raising a tween, and two teens ... and believe it or not, he still has a full head of hair! Of course he has pretty terrific kids, great students and all round good people. You know what they say "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." He can fix anything... and I speak from experience. He has probably fixed more things in my house than my husband has. From the water heater to the dryer, to my dishwasher, oven and my car and lawn mower. He is always happy to oblige...or at least he always ACTS that way when I ask him for help. I keep wondering when he is going to build a ten foot privacy fence around his entire house so that I can't pester him anymore.I secretly hope that he never remarries...I don't think that I want to share him. I probably owe him thousands of dollars by now, but he will rarely ever take money from me... only an occasional twelve pack of beer, or a meal that I have to force on him. He is always willing to lend a hand or help out with anything we need, and always acts like it is nothing. But it IS something to me. Having him be our friend has not only saved us tons of money, but helped us out of some pretty tight jams. I hope one day to be able to repay him for his countless favors and kindness. Of course I can't see that happening until all my kids are grown and gone... they seem to be great at sucking me and my husband dry... and have perfected their technique almost flawlessly. For now I will just have to hope that he doesn't move or change his phone number to a private one, and that he knows how much we love and appreciate his unselfish help any time we have called on him. You single women reading my posts; don't get any ideas... "HE'S MINE...ALL MINE" !!! But just to rub a little salt in your single wounds; he is not only handy, but smart, good looking and an absolutely terrific father. My kids keep trying to move in next door, but I told them they are stuck with us...unless they can convince "Mr. Ron" to take us all as a family package! He wouldn't save any money, but at least he wouldn't have to walk as far. Till next time... COTTON

No comments: