Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Best Friend

My best friend in the whole world... besides my sister, who is not only a best friend, but a substitute mother; is my friend "Lisa" ... that is the name we will give her in this post. She trained me at my current job ten years ago, and continues to train me every day of my life. She inspires me, encourages me and pushes me through all the battles that I have , and will fight. She is the "head " waitress at the restaurant that I work for.... a fact that she recently reminded me of. She is sarcastic, dedicated, and the hardest working Mom, wife and server that I have ever been fortunate enough to meet and come to love, admire and respect. She is the reason that I started this blog. She came up with the idea... another reason that I love her. Although I am typically a Democrat... she is a Republican... staunch in her beliefs and religion. That seems to be the only differences that we have ... politics. But just like they say "opposites attract." She is a Christian before anything else, and that is one of the things that I love and admire about her. She loves her kids and husband.. who is the "hardest working man in non- show business." They have their oldest in college, and her husband, on top of working 40 plus hours a week at his job, runs a paper route to pay for their son's college. Of course , it was probably "Lisa's" idea.. but "HEY" it works for them. Granted he has about 3 hours of sleep a night, but it is putting their kid through school, and to them , that is all that matters. She never comes to work in a bad mood, never brings her "home " problems into the work place...She just comes in ready, prepared and willing to do the best job she can .... and ALWAYS succeeds. She is a total inspiration to me, a reason to keep going when the chips are down, a person to rely on when I need them most, or just need them to tell me when I am right or wrong. Sometimes I wonder how I made it to the age of 38 without having ever met her. But now I am just grateful that I have her in my life.... another life line that I can depend on, rely on and know will always be there. She is probably the most "perfect" person that I have ever met or known. Her one flaw may be offering fresh ground pepper on salads.. She knows it bugs me, and I think that maybe that is why she doesn't do it. I think for Christmas I will buy her a pepper mill, and instruct both of her kids to say "MOM, this recipe is so good, but it would be SO much better with fresh pepper"!! She is my saving salvation at work, the running force of the entire restaurant, and the most inspiring friend that I have ever met (sorry Teresa.... you need to work more to be included... but I love you just the same.) She is the one that came up with this whole BLOG idea, and it has been the greatest outlet, emotional comfort and enjoyment that I have had in years. She knows that writing is my true want and desire, and although it might not be award winning material, it is making ME happy.. and my friend.... "let's call her LISA" is the reason that I have started this blog, the reason that I come home from work at night, ready to sit down and type, and the reason that my life has become a lot more interesting to an ole 48 year old woman.. actually I won't be 48 till July... but I am just trying to get used to it. Thank you ...(We'll call you Lisa) .. AND PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU HAVE MADE A VERY SIGNIFICANT impact on my life, and possibly my future. You are absolutely one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me, and what you have done for me and my family ( besides the Ceramic gourd and rabbit) will never be forgotten or dismissed. Thank you for being my friend, thank you for loving me... and thank you for giving me this great gift of "my blog" I could care less if anyone reads it, but it feels GREAT to just get my thoughts out there..... and who knows, maybe some of you will find it interesting.... If you do, please post a comment. Till next time... COTTON

6 comments:

Frances said...

Kelly, I check every day to see if you have written anything new. I thnk it is great that you can put your thoughts and feelings into words that no doubt will one day be worth a fortune. If to no one else to your family. And it does give you an outlet and I am sure lots of people read it but like the website, they read and don't write. Frances

"Lisa" said...

I love YOU!!!!! "Lisa"

Denise The Realtor said...

Hi Kelly,
I enjoyed that one.
It's good to have a "Lisa."
Isn't it?
Denise W.

Auto'Blog'raphy of a Waitress & Mom said...

Yes it is.. If you ever need for me to be your " Lisa" , I would be more than happy to do it. I know that it is hard with The Lep, and I would be MORE than happy to help. All you have to do is call or email. Your friend, Kelly

Luis said...

Hey Senora algodon, i read your blog everynight, well almost everynight, i think it's Great. thank you very much for the blog and for everything you do at the restaurant. your friend LEWIS!!

little dub said...

where would us newbies be without a "Lisa", Kelly, Kay, or Theresa... up the creek without a paddle