Friday, February 15, 2008

"Lewis"

We Have a new manager at my restaurant. A terrific guy that grew up in South America. His name is Luis. Young, good looking and totally dedicated to doing the best job he can. I remember the first day he came to the store.... I thought "why is the new cook wearing a tie?" Let me say here that we have many, many Hispanics working for us...most cooks, dishwashers or hosts. But this was our new manager! He is an on the ball guy, and a person that I now consider my friend as well as a boss. I am a trainer for our store, training all new servers that we hire. I was training a girl one day, when she asked me about something.. I don't remember what. She said, "Well, Lewis told me (whatever). I said to her "Who is Lewis"? She said she was talking about the manager. I said we didn't have a manager named Lewis. She said "you know, Lewis, the one that has an accent." I explained to her that his name was LUIS, not LEWIS. Of course now I constantly call him Lewis... and he calls me Senora Algodon ( algodon is the Spanish word for cotton) I love all of my managers (previous post covered this) and "Lewis" has been an excellent addition to our team, a great fresh face and a welcome new friend (amigo) of mine.

1 comment:

Luis said...

Gracias senora Algodon.
your Amigo LEWIS !!!