Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Adios Mi Amigo

Tonight was a bummer at work. My good friend Lewis has been transfered to another store, and won't be part of our team anymore. Hopefully it is only a temporary change... but in our business "Who knows?" I have thoroughly enjoyed working with this manager, and although I love all my managers... we will miss Luis greatly. Not only for the fact that he is always concocting delicious new desserts for us to share, but for the simple fact that he has quickly become my friend, and I think very highly of him. I wish I had known tonight was his last shift with us... I would have loved to do something special for him. But instead, he will get this weak attempt of mine to tell him how much I have enjoyed working with and beside him, learning about him and his wife, and his life in general. He will be missed by many; and I know this for a fact. It was a topic on all of our minds tonight, and still on mine as I sit here and type. I know that to grow and move up in a company, you have to be willing to be flexible... I just hate when the flexibility takes away not only a good boss, but a friend as well. You had better come visit us, and maybe my family and I will come visit you in your new store. Know that we love you and will miss you. Thanks for being such a great addition to our store and to our lives. Te Amos ( I think that's right.... see, I already need you!) Your friend, Senora Algodon ... PS ... Now I'll never know when the Latino cooks are making fun of me.... so come back soon !!

2 comments:

Luis said...

Don't worry Cotton, ya'll will always be in my heart. plus i think i'll be back pretty soon! i'll come visit on my days off!!

Your Amigo
Lewis...JK
Luis!

R said...

You should not worry for this little detor is only temporary and he will return in a few weks.