Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Sister

I am currently forty seven years old, zooming down the path to forty eight. My sister is fifty "something" (just in case she reads this blog.) She is my best friend (sorry Lisa), she is my mentor, she is my gravitational device on this Earth. Our Mother died when I was seventeen, my sister was in her early twenties. We were both completely lost without our mother.. she was one in a million.. and that is a mild statement to make; especially if you knew our Mother. In the years that have passed, we have grown closer and closer. If there is one thing that I am sure of in my life; it is that my sister will ALWAYS have my back. She supports me, corrects me when I need it, and guides me when she knows I need guidance. She is ABSOLUTELY the most fascinating, inspired, and enigmatic person that I have ever had the fortune of knowing. How she does all the things I admire and love her for totally amaze me, and make me Thank God every day that He blessed me with such a marvelous person as Cin for a sister. She raised two boys as a single mother, helped raise me, and totally took care of my father in his quick decline into Alzheimer's. Without her I would not be even half the person that I am today; nor would be, all the people who's live's she has touched and changed. I hope that every person that reads this has a sister or a relative, or a friend that means to them what Cindy means to me. From the bottom of my heart, and the depths of my soul.. I Thank God every day that I have my sister, and Thank God above the He gave her to me of all people.. I hope that you can be as lucky one day. And Hey Cin... Thanks for loving me !! Till next time... COTTON

No comments: